I've posted my strawberry sundae topping recipe out to the web at http://allrecipes.com/PersonalRecipe/62281952/Bloody-Strawberry-Sundae-or-Cheesecake-Topping/Detail.aspx
But it is also available here:
- 2 cups sliced strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup bakers sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon of Blood Orange Bitters
- 2 Tablespoons of water
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a small sauce pan, combine the vanilla, bitters and water. Add the strawberries and sugar (I like to mix the strawberries and sugar before adding, but it's not mandatory). Over medium low heat, heat the mixture until the strawberries are soft and a slight boil starts, stirring often.
- Reduce the to low heat and simmer for five minutes. If you're using frozen strawberries and the mixture is too thin, you can add your cornstarch to thicken it.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool in the fridge before topping your ice cream or cheesecake.