If your radiator cooling fans stop working in your 2001 Dodge Caravan, there is a possibility that your cooling fan motor relay may have died. Fortunately, this is an easy repair.
Here is a quick video showing how to replace the radiator cooling fan motor relay on a 2001 Dodge Caravan Sport 3.3L.
Parts and tools:
- Cooling Fan Motor Relay - (Amazon had this about $11 less than I could find it locally anywhere)
- 8mm wrench or socket
- 10mm wrench or socket
- Large flat blade screwdriver
- 1/4" x 1" stainless steel hex head screw (or metric equivalent) to replace the rivet fastener
- 7/32 cobalt drill bit to drill through steel of appropriate size for your stainless steel screw
- Phillips head screw driver
- Small slotted screwdriver to free the retention clip on the relay electrical connector
- Drill bit large enough to drill out the rivet in your existing relay
- Ratchet to drive in your new stainless steel screw (as an alternative, get yourself one of these adapters for your drill to make driving your new screw in MUCH faster)
- Long ratchet extension to reach down from the top of the radiator
- Socket to fit the head on your stainless steel screw